Why Safety Matters
Safety, at its core, is about personal responsibility. Avoiding bodily injury and even death are the obvious reasons safety matters on a personal level. But operating safely as an individual is the only way to achieve a safe workplace.
To Your Family:
Your family counts on you. Staying safe ensures you continue to be there for them – now and into the future. Whether at work or on the home front, avoiding accidents and injuries saves you and your family from unnecessary pain and stress.
To Your Employer:
Our philosophy is simple: Our employees are our most important assets and safety is our most important service. It is our belief that everyone has the right and responsibility to honor this core value at all times regardless of any circumstance.
To Your Community:
Our wider community depends on a vibrant, safe and productive workforce. It’s what fuels our economy and supports our quality of life. Safety can impact our schools, our recreational opportunities, and much more.
Make It Personal. What Can I Do?
Lead By Example:
Always practice safe behaviors yourself and make safety part of your daily conversations with co-workers and supervisors.
Identify potential hazards and develop instructions on what to do. Meet to discuss these procedures an post them in a visible location.
Set aside a regular time to discuss safety issues, with the goal of identifying ways to improve your workplace’s safety program.
Train workers on how to identify and control hazards in the workplace, as well as report injuries, illnesses, and near misses.
Always be sure to report injuries, illnesses, close calls and near misses, hazards and other safety and health concerns immediately.
SAVE DRIVING MATERS
The Facts Matter.
- 1 person was killed in a Texas traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes
- 1 person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds
- 1 reportable traffic collision occurred every 57 seconds
Odessa seems over-represented on the list of deadliest highways in Texas:
- Five (six if you include Penwell) of the 78 highways listed are in the West Texas city, which is a shocking number considering its population is less than 120,000.
- In the three-year span analyzed, there were a total of 100 fatalities in 81 crashes in the six spots identified.
Your Life Matters.
- To you
- Your family and loved ones
Your community Matters.
- Traffic accidents and fatalities affect everyone in the community. It is the responsibility of everyone that gets behind the wheel to take in account the safety of themselves and others.
- Accidents cost the taxpayer money in form of fire and police services.
Getting back to the basics Matters.
A change in the culture of driving must take place to change the safety on the roads. Tips and techniques must teach everyone to get back to the basics of safety.
- Wearing your seatbelt matters
- Obeying speed limits matters
- Avoiding distractions matters
- Alert driving matters
Help us measure what Matters.
We will review the effectiveness of this is safety awareness program by analyzing year over year speeding records and incidents, so please help us measure what matters by getting back to the basics of safe driving.
Commitment to Safety
At Crosby Energy Services, our philosophy is simple: Our employees are our most important assets and safety is our most important service. It is our belief that everyone has the right and responsibility to honor this core value at all times regardless of any circumstance. In order to ensure that our expectations and performance goals are met consistently, we utilize our Health, Safety and Environmental Management System as the center of operations. The use of this quality system enables us to assess, implement and evaluate all areas of our current activities as well as setting future HSE benchmarks.
- National SAFE Award Winner, 2004 and 2007
- National SAFE Award Finalist, 2004-2009 (unprecedented 6 years in a row)
- 100% compliant with ISNetworld, DISA Global Solutions, PEC Premier, PICS Auditing, and Safety and Environmental Management Systems (SEMS)
At Crosby Energy Services, we feel that recognizing quality performance and promoting responsible practices are vital components to our success. Our goal of being a leader in Health, Safety and Environmental performance is the primary driver of our management system, of which we are dedicated to implement continuous improvement measures with the assistance of our employees, customers and various regulatory agencies. By disseminating our principles, meeting our professional objectives and efficiently utilizing our resources, we believe that our integrity and contributions will directly enhance and benefit our industry and community for future generations.